Over the past five years, Farther Foundation has awarded more than $180,000 in grants to 84 deserving students that have enabled them to participate in unique enrichment programs across the country and around the world. The full financial value of these programs exceeds $450,000.
What does Farther Foundation expect when we make an investment in a deserving high school student in our community?
- We expect them to be fully engaged in the program they have chosen to take part in.
- We expect them to be a positive influence while in their program and in their families, schools and communities afterward.
- We expect them to strengthen their commitment to their education.
- We expect them to graduate high school, continue on to college and then to get a college degree.
How have our students delivered?
- Our students have participated in programs in 28 countries and 20 states on six continents.
- Our students have studied at 15 colleges and universities in the U.S. and abroad.
- 100% of our students have graduated high school (Chicago public high schools have a graduation rate of 58%).
- 95% of our age eligible students have enrolled directly into college.
- 98% of those students remain actively enrolled in 36 different colleges and universities today.
Farther Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization providing scholarships to low-income students to inspire them to reach their highest aspirations through educational travel experiences.
Follow our work more closely by subscribing to this blog or liking “Farther Foundation” on Facebook. Thank you for your support.