Do you know a student who deserves an opportunity?
Farther Foundation provides grants for students to participate in unique educational travel experiences. Inspired by experience, students become active and engaged learners, full of potential and more fully aware of the world and its opportunities.
Our scholarship recipients have traveled across the country and around the world where they engaged in community service, lived with foreign host families, took college level classes, learned foreign languages, hiked mountains and immersed themselves in new cultures and experiences.
Our DIRECTORY lists organizations that offer programs designed for high school students to:
- Immerse themselves in foreign languages and cultures around the world.
- Challenge themselves academically and get a taste of college life on campuses across the country.
- Learn about teamwork and leadership through outdoor adventure programs in spectacular settings.
- Provide service to needy communities domestically and abroad.
- Pursue specific areas of interest with students who share their passion in fine arts or sciences.
The DIRECTORY contains brief descriptions of each of the listed program providers along with contact information and links to their websites, Facebook pages, blogs, Twitter feeds and YouTube Channels.
Some of the programs Farther Foundation scholarship recipients participated on last summer include:
- American Field Service (AFS)
- Putney Travel
- The Road Less Traveled
- Bold Earth
- Earth Watch Institute
- Putney School
- Brown University
- Boston University
- Georgetown University
- Spelman College
- Carleton College
- Worldstrides – UCLA
- University of Washington
- Ithaca College
We encourage students, parents, guidance counselors and college advisors to use this resource to find programs that educate and inspire students, helping them to reach their highest potential.
Farther Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization providing scholarships to low-income students to inspire them to reach their highest aspirations through educational travel experiences.